Get Crafty: Fishy Wrapping Paper
Design your own fishy wrapping paper!
What you need:
- - Brown paper
- - 1 baking potato
- - Small plastic bowl
- - Peeler
- - Butter knife
- - Cutting board
- - Fish cookie cutter
- - Paint
- - Paintbrush
- - Markers
- - Newspaper
1. Getting started: Cover the surface you're working on with newspaper to avoid a mess.
2. Parent Alert: Peel the potato and cut it in half length-wise on the cutting board.
3. Use the cookie cutter to cut out your fishy shape. (If you’re looking for more original shapes, draw on the potato with a pen and carve around it with a butter knife.)
4. Pour paint into a bowl and dip the potato shape in the paint. Wipe off any excess paint with a paper towl.
5. Press the potato on the paper and let it dry for a few hours.
6. Once it's dry, grab your markers and add some colorful drawings of seashells, waves, starfish – anything you want. Be creative and when you're done, get wrapping!