Get Crafty: Space Rocket
Build your own rocketship and blast off into space with this fun kids craft!
What you need:
- - Paper towel tube
- - 1 sheet white construction paper
- - Silver foil
- - Red and yellow tissue paper
- - Small cardboard box
- - Round lid
- - Glue
- - Pencil
- - Ruler
- - Scissors
- - Scotch tape
1. Cover the paper towel tube with silver foil and set it apart.
2. Place the construction paper under the round lid. Trace a circle with your pencil and then cut it out. Cut a slit from the edge of the circle to the center.
3. Overlap the edges of your circle so that they form a cone. Tape the cone and cover it in tin foil.
4. Pick up the silver tube and glue the cone to the top of it.
5. Use your cardboard box to cut out 3 triangles. Wrap them in foil and glue all three to the rocket. Be sure to space them out so that one is on top and the other two are on the sides of the rocket.
6. Cut strips of the tissue paper and paste them onto the bottom end of the rocket. Now, you’re ready for lift-off!