Get Crafty: Earth Piñata
Throw a space party with this smashin' craft!
What you need:
- - 1 round balloon
- - Newspaper
- - 1 cup flour
- - 2 cups water
- - Blue, green, and brown poster paint
- - String
- - Scotch tape
- - 2 medium bowls
- - Paint Brush
- - Scissors
- - Candy
1. Cut the newspaper into long, narrow strips.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour and water to make a paper mache paste.
3. Blow up the balloon. Then, use the other bowl to rest the balloon on while you are working.
4. Dip the newspaper strips into the paste mixture and cover the balloon with at least four layers of strips.
5. When you're finished, let it to dry overnight.
6. Once it’s dry, pop the balloon by cutting a small hole at the top with scissors. Use one end of the scissors to pop it. You can use that hole to fill your planet piñata with candy once you’re done.
7. Tape a piece of string to the top of your new Earth piñata.
8. Use your brush to paint the planet’s surface and then hang it somewhere to dry.
9. Smash the Earth piñata with friends and family when the paint dries!