Crafts: Treasure Chest
Make a Treasure Chest to keep all your collectable.
What you need:
- - Shoe box with lid
- - Acrylic paint
- - Construction paper
- - White craft glue
- - Water
- - Foam alphabet paint stamps
- - Acrylic sealer spray, matte (optional – have an adult help you with this)
1. Remove any labels or stickers that may be on the shoe box.
2. Paint the outside and lid of the box with acrylic paint (any color you like). Let dry.
3. In a small bowl, mix together water and white glue to create a paintable, milky homemade decoupage mixture. Use equal parts water and white glue – have an adult help you when you work with the glue.
4. Tear construction paper into 1-2” pieces.
5. Working in small sections, pain the decoupage mixture onto the top surface of the box.
6. Place construction paper pieces on top of the decoupage and then put a layer of decoupage mixture on top of the construction paper. Overlap the construction paper pieces and use different colors.
7. Do this until the whole box is cover except for the rim of the lid.
8. Using the alphabet stamps and a different color paint, stamp the words “My Treasure” (or whatever you’d like) on to the front of the box rim.
9. When the entire box is dry, have an adult spray with a coat of acrylic sealer spray.
10. Hide your most valuable items in your treasure box!
Craft by Amanda Formaro and courtesy of our sister site Kaboose.com.