Crafts: Treasure Balls
Hide treasure or clues for a scavenger hunt in these easy to make Treasure Balls.
What you need:
- - 1 cup used coffee grinds
- - 1 cup flour
- - 1/2 cup salt
- - 1/4 cup sand
- - 3/4 cups water
- - Small treasure to put inside your Treasure Ball (check the dollar store for small figurines, fake jewelry or other treasures)
1. In a bowl mix together coffee grinds, flour, salt and sand.
2. Slowly add water to the dry mixture until it is wet enough to be rolled in a ball.
3. Shape mixture into a ball, then press your thumb into the center to make a hole.
4. Put your treasure inside the hole, then spread the dough over the whole and roll out the ball to hide the hole.
5. Let your Treasure Balls air dry for 2-3 days. Be sure to turn them so they dry evenly.
6. After a couple of days head outside and break your treasure balls to find the treasure inside.
7. A couple of ideas - It would be fun to trade treasure balls with friends, and then break them to find the treasure hidden inside! Or you could hide clues for a scavenger hunt inside the treasure balls!