Crafts: Coffee Ground Fossils
Recycle old coffee grounds and create your very own fossils in this easy to make craft.
What you need:
- - 1 cup of used coffee grounds
- - 1/2 cup of cold coffee
- - 1 cup of flour
- - 1/2 cup of salt
- - Wax paper
- - Mixing bowl
- - Some small objects to make impressions in the dough
- - Empty can – get an adult to help you with this
1. Stir the together the coffee grounds, cold coffee, flour, and salt until well mixed.
2. Roll the dough and flatten it onto the waxed paper.
3. With an adult’s help, use the can to cut out circles of the dough.
4. Press your objects firmly into the dough. When you take the object out, you have your "fossil". If you want to hang the fossil, poke holes into the edge to hold the string.
5. Let the fossil dry overnight and then hang it if you wish.