Crafts: Coffee Filter Butterflies
Celebrate Earth Day by creating a floating butterfly out of a coffee filter.
What you need:
- - ½ black chenille stem
- - Paper coffee filter
- - Water color paints
- - Paint brush
- - Water
1. Flatten the coffee filter and place it on a plate or newspaper.
2. Using the water color paints, decorate the coffee filter. Let it dry.
3. Fold the coffee filter accordion style – get help from an adult if you need it.
4. Wrap the chenille stem around the center of the folded coffee filter.
5. Bend the tips of the chenille stems over to create the antennae.
6. Fan out the butterfly wings.
7. Hang in the window and watch your butterfly fly!