Craft: Firecracker Decorations
Make your house sparkle with these fun Firecracker Decorations.
What you need:
- - Toilet paper roll
- - Gallon milk jug lid
- - Scissors
- - Tacky glue
- - Hot glue gun (don’t use a hot glue gun without an adult)
- - 9 silver sparkle chenille stems
- - 4 red sparkle chenille stems
- - 4 blue sparkle chenille stems
- - Small white circle cut from white poster board (1 ¾” diameter)
1. Wrap a blue sparkle chenille step around the bottom of the toilet paper tube. One chenille stem will wrap around the tube twice. When the ends meet, twist them together.
2. Continue to wrap the stems around the tube in order: blue, silver, red, silver, blue, silver etc. Attach the ends of each chenille stem to the cardboard tube with tacky glue to keep it from slipping.
3. Get an adult to hot glue the small cardboard circle to the milk jug lid.
4. After the glue has dried, have an adult poke 2 holes in the lid and cardboard.
5. Fold the last silver sparkle chenille stem in half.
6. Push the folded chenille stem up through the holes in the lid and cardboard.
7. Twist the top of the silver chenille stems together to look like the wick of a firecracker.
8. Run glue around the outside of the mild jug lid.
9. Put the lid inside the toilet paper tube so the “wick” is sticking out.
10. You can make lots of these fun firecrackers to decorate your house on the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Veterans Day, or any day you want to Celebrate the USA!