Craft: Glow-in-the-Dark Suncatcher
Make the night sky glow with this moon and star craft pattern.
What you need:
- - Pattern (see picture)
- - Drinking straw
- - Clear lanyard (Rexlace)
- - Scissors
- - 90 light blue 7mm glow-in-the-dark beads
- - 20 yellow 7mm glow-in-the-dark beads
- - 7 white 7mm glow-in-the-dark beads (these are gray in the picture)
- - Tacky glue
- - Suction cup with a hook
1. Cut 22 10-inch long strips of lanyard.
2. Fold each strip of lanyard in half so they curve towards each other.
3. Working on one row at a time, fold each strip around the straw and string the beads over both layers of lanyard in the order the beads appear on the pattern.
4. After each row is finished, knot the end. Add a drop of glue to each knot to keep it in place.
5. Allow all knots to dry before cutting off the extra lanyard material at the ends.
6. Trim the straw so itís a little longer than the suncatcher on both ends.
7. Run a piece of lanyard through the straw and make a loop to hang the suncatcher from. Tie a knot at the end and add a dab of glue to the knot.
8. Add the suction cup to the loop and hang!
Craft courtesy of our sister site, Kaboose.com.