Craft: Friendship Bracelets
Gather your friends and make these pretty bracelets. They also make great gifts for your mom, grandma or aunts.
What you need:
- - Stretch Magic jewelry cord
- - Alphabet beads
- - Shiny beads in pink, clear and red
- - Charms (optional)
- - Scissors
- - Paperclip
1. Wrap jewelry cord around your wrist (have an adult or friend help) – cut the cord 2 inches longer than the length of your wrist.
2. Put a paper clip on one end of the jewelry cord. This will keep the beads from sliding off the end when beading the bracelet.
3. Thread beads onto the jewelry cord. Leave an inch of space at the end of the cord when finished. You can make any pattern or word with the shiny beads or letter beads. Combine the different types of beads and charms to make a unique bracelet.
4. Once you’ve threaded all your beads to make the bracelet, remove the paperclip and hold both ends of cord up next to each other. Tie cord in a loose knot, slide down so that the knot is touching the beads and there are no gaps between the beads.
5. Then tighten the knot. **You may need an adult or friend to help you with this.
6. Trim any extra cord.
Adapted from our sister site, Kaboose.com