Craft: Pilgrim Hat
Bring out your inner pilgrim with this fun Thanksgiving pilgrim hat craft for kids.
What you need:
- - Large paper plate
- - Black paint
- - Grey or black streamers
- - Large pieces of black construction paper
- - Glue
- - Aluminum foil
- - Scissors
1. Cut a large hole in a paper plate. The hole is where the top hat portion is placed, so make sure it fits around your head. Have an adult help you with the scissors.
2. Paint the plate black. Set it aside and let it dry.
3. Use a large piece of construction paper and wrap it so the two ends meet. The base of the construction paper must fit into the hole in the paper plate. Secure the ends with tape, glue or stables. Have an adult help you with this step.
4. Attach the top hat portion to the rim of the hat (paper plate) with glue or tape.
5. Cut a strip of grey streamer long enough to wrap around the hat. Glue the grey streamer to the base of the construction paper. **the grey 'belt' will cover the glue or tape used in step 4.
6. Cut out a rectangle from a piece of aluminum foil. Have an adult help you with this. Fold the foil in half and cut a smaller rectangle inside the foil. This will be the belt buckle. Attach the buckle to the grey streamer in the front of the hat.
7. Let everything dry.
8. Wear your hat with Pilgrim Pride!