Craft: Hands and Feet Turkey
Trace your hands and feet to make a one-of-a-kind turkey.
What you need:
- - Construction paper in brown, orange, red, yellow and white
- - Scissors (have an adult help you when using scissors)
- - Glue
- - Wiggle eyes (optional)
1. Wearing shoes or socks, stand on a piece of brown construction paper. Trace both of your feet onto the paper (or have an adult or friend help you).
2. Trace 2 hands on red construction paper.
3. Trace 2 hands on orange construction paper.
4. Trace one hand on yellow construction paper.
5. Cut out all the pieces (have an adult help you with the scissors).
6. Make the body - Put the 2 feet tracings together to make the turkey body and head. Glue the heels together on top of each other, and spread the bottoms apart (see illustration).
7. Cut 2 turkey feet out of orange scraps, and cut a diamond shape for the beak. Draw eyes on white paper and cut them out, or use wiggle eyes. Make the wattle out of red construction paper. Glue each piece onto the body as shown.
8. Attach the tail - glue the red, orange and yellow construction paper hands behind the body to make the tail.
9. Put your finished turkey on the fridge or front door so everyone can see it!