Craft: Ocean in a Bottle
Not going to the ocean this summer? Make your own!
What you need:
- - Empty 2 liter plastic bottle with a lid
- - Clear vegetable oil or mineral oil
- - Water
- - Funnel
- - Blue food coloring
- - Small star fish, shells and other sea creatures
- - Glitter
- - White craft glue
- - Hot glue (get an adult to help with hot glue)
1. Wash and dry 2-liter bottle and remove all labels.
2. Fill bottle halfway with tap water.
3. Add a few drops of blue food coloring and swirl around to mix.
4. Add a little glitter.
5. Add sea cratures.
6. Using funnel, fill the bottle the rest of the way with vegetable oil.
7. Make sure the rim and cap are dry, then apply white craft glue around the rim. Seal cap.
8. Have an adult use a layer around the outside edge to keep it from leaking.
9. Turn the bottle on itís side and gently rock the bottle to create your very own waves!