Craft: Can Stilts
Recycle aluminium cans to make your own stilts.
What you need:
- - 2 large juice cans (unopened)
- - Bottle/can opener (get an adult to help with can opener)
- - 2 long pieces of rope
- - Scissors (use with an adult)
- - Colored pain
1. Have an adult use the bottle/can opener to punch 2 holes on either side of each can towards the top.
2. Drain the juice from the cans (save in a pitcher to drink later). Rinse cans with water and let them dry.
3. With an adultís help, cut 2 pieces of rope long enough to go through the holes in the cans and up for you to hold onto.
4. Thread each piece of rope through the holes in the cans.
5. Tie the two ends of each piece of rope together to make a loop.
6. Paint the cans in whatever colors you like.
7. Step up on your can stilts and walk like youíre in the circus.