Craft: Plum Blossoms
What a great craft project to ring in spring! Make one for your room or for your mom, aunt or grandma.
What you need:
- - Brown pipe cleaners
- - Pink tissue paper
- - Craft glue
- - Styrofoam ball (cut in half)
- - Scissors
- - Thin paintbrush
- - Brown paint
1. Put the end of your paintbrush into the middle of a tissue paper square. Wrap the ends of the paper around the paintbrush base.
2. Cut pipe cleaners so some are short and some are long. Twist one of each together and shape the stems so they look like a branch. Make three to five branches.
3. Take the tissue paper and cut it into 1/2" squares.
4. Lay the branches on a table and apply the glue all over, except on the stem (the bottom of the pipe cleaners).
5. With the paper around the paintbrush base, lightly place it on the branch - the glue on the pipe cleaner will make it stick. Leave some space between each tissue paper flower and repeat the process. Leave it to dry.
6. Paint the Styrofoam ball brown and let dry. Meanwhile, turn the pipe cleaner branch over and add blossoms to the opposite side and let dry.
7. Insert branch into ball. And voila - you're done!