Hot Science: Soccer Tattoos
Try this fun science activity and make homemade soccer tattoos!
What you need:
- - Crayon (choose your favorite color)
- - Empty tin can
- - Saucepan
- - Petroleum jelly
- - Paper cup
- - Mixing spoon
- - Hand lotion
- - Q-tips
- - Water
1. Remove the crayon from its wrapper and put it in the tin can.
2. Fill the saucepan halfway with water and place the tin can inside it.
3. Parent Alert: Put the saucepan on a stove top burner and set it to low-medium heat.
4. Once the crayon starts to melt, add two teaspoons of petroleum jelly and stir it for a few minutes.
5. Parent Alert: Remove the pan from the burner and pour the mixture into a paper cup.
6. Set the mixture aside and let it cool down for about 10 minutes.
7. Add half a teaspoon of lotion and mix it all together. Now the tattoo mixture is complete!
How to apply it: Apply the mixture gently on your skin with a Q-tip. Keep the mixture away from the eyes and face, and avoid it altogether if you have sensitive skin or are even mildly allergic. Draw your soccer design on paper first or if youíre feeling super creative, skip that step entirely and get right to the fun part. If you make a mistake or donít like your design, remove the tattoo with soap and water.