Craft: Skateboard Shelves
Sporty girls can create a cool multi-level shelving unit with the help of old skateboards, wire baskets, and some hardware store basics.
What you need:
- - 2 (25-inch) hanging standards and 6 sturdy 6 ½-inch shelf brackets
- - 6 wall anchors
- - 6 screws (all have to fit inside the shelf bracket holes)
- - 4 drywall wall clips
- - 2 bike baskets (optional)
- - 3 skateboards
1. Using the wall anchors, mount the standards. Space them far enough apart so the shelf brackets fit inside the skateboard wheels.
2. Space the skateboards as you like to create the shelves, then attach the brackets to the shelves.
3. Set the skateboards on the brackets, and then mark the bracket holes nearest the wall with a nail.
4. Take down the skateboards and with the nail marks as a guide, drill the holes (donít go all the way through the wall), and attach the skateboards to the brackets with the screws.
5. If youíre using baskets, mount four drywall wall clips below the shelves to secure them.
Craft courtesy of our sister site, http://www.Familyfun.go.com