Craft: Button Beaded Bracelet
Grab buttons and beads from around the house to create a pretty, fun-to-wear accessory.
What you need:
- - Clear fishing line or jewelry string
- - Buttons and beads in the same color family
- - Jewelry closures
- - Spring clips
- - Needle-nose pliers
- - Tape measure or ruler
1. Experiment with the design of the bracelet and choose a layout you like best.
2. Measure 16 inches of fishing line or jewelry string.
3. Capping off one end of the string with a spring clip, take your beads and thread them onto the line, allowing enough room between to add end closures (roughly four inches on each side).
4. Taking the buttons, come up from the bottom on one side and go down through the other side. Note: Test the length before going to step #4. Itís easier to size it before the end pieces are closed off.
5. To add the closures, string a crimping bead on one end of the string, string one half of the closure, then bend the wire and have it come back down the opposite way and through the crimping bead.
6. Ask your mom or dad to help close it tightly with the pliers.
7. Close the other end of the bracelet following step #4. Cut off the extra string from each end.
Craft courtesy of our sister site, http://www.kaboose.com/