Craft: (Almost) No-Sew Makeup Bag
Find a funky fabric, a colorful button, sturdy thread, and fabric glue to create this cool carryall.
What you need:
- - A 14x8 piece of sturdy fabric
- - Colorful button to complement the fabric
- - Matching thread
- - Needle or sewing machine
- - Scissors
- - Permanent fabric glue
1. Cut fabric into two pieces: 9x8 and 5x8. Lay the 9 piece right side up, and the 5 piece right side down on top of the larger piece of fabric.
2. Line up the bottoms (8 side down) and glue the edges together (with right sides together).
3. Flip the fabric over so the wrong sides are facing up.
4. Fold the edge of the fabric on the non-glued ends over so that half an inch or less of the right side of the fabric is folded over the wrong side of the fabric.
5. Glue the inside of the fold to create a finished edge.
6. Still with the wrong side up, glue a seam along both long sides.
7. Take the smaller end (5 x 8), fold it up and glue the wrong sides of the smaller and larger pieces together to complete the bags form.
8. Fold the long flap down until it meets the top of the bag, then glue the entire inside flap so wrong sides are stuck together.
9. Cut a button hole in the center of the flap, then fold over the bag and use a pen to make a dot through the hole, and to mark the fabric for placement of where the button will go.
10. Sew button securely in place. Sew edges of the button hole to prevent fraying.
11. Close bag and secure button through hole.
Craft courtesy of our sister site, http://www.kaboose.com/