Hangman is the classic word game. In this version you have to save Broose Kaboose from falling off his track and meeting watery misfortune. A fun game for vocabulary, spelling and reading. Broose Kaboose is perched on a crumbling bridge. Your goal is to prevent him from falling by guessing the right letters to solve the mystery word.
How to Play:
1. Pick the difficulty level at the top left corner of the activity window. You can choose one of three levels:
1 = Easy. Try to solve the mystery word (up to 8 letters) before reaching 12 incorrect guesses. You have a time limit of 90 seconds.
2 = More Difficult. Try to solve the mystery word (up to 16 letters) before reaching 6 incorrect guesses. You have a time limit of 60 seconds.
3 = Hard. Try to solve the mystery word (up to 24 letters) before reaching 6 incorrect guesses. You have a time limit of 60 seconds. Note: You cannot change the difficulty level once the game has started.
2. Click the yellow flashing bar below the Score Window to start playing the game.
A clue is displayed along with empty spaces to help you solve the word.
3. Try to solve the clue provided by clicking on a letter. Depending on which level you selected, the number of guess you have before Broose falls will vary.
If you guessed correctly, the letter will be displayed in the corresponding place in the word.
If you guessed incorrectly, Broose will loose one of his tracks, and your score will be reduced by 1000 points.
Here's a tip! The longer you take to solve the answer, the lower your score. The maximum score you can get for each round is 10,000 points. For every 5 seconds that pass your score drops by 500.
4. Repeat step 3 as many times as necessary, until you solve the word.
Once you successfully solve the word, your score is added to the total in the Score Window.
5. To start over, click the Reset button in the bottom left corner of the activity window. The Reset button looks like an arrow.
6. To exit the game, click the Close button at the top right corner of the activity window.