Craft: Personalized Pencil Topper
Always know which pencil is yours by personalizing your own pencil topper.
What you need:
- - Pencil eraser heads
- - String
- - Alphabet beads
- - Scissors (have an adult supervise when you use scissors)
- - White craft glue (have an adult supervise when you use the glue)
1. Place an eraser head on a pencil.
2. Have an adult put a little glue around the base of the eraser head.
3. Wrap string around the eraser head, smoothing the glue as you go. Wrap enough string to cover the bottom half of the eraser head.
4. Have an adult cut a string around 8 inches long.
5. Tie a knot in one end of the string, and string beads on from the other end. Spell your name or a favorite phrase.
6. Once all the beads are on, tie a knot after the last bead to keep them from falling off.
7. Put more glue on the string you wrapped around the eraser head. Glue the extra string at the end of your beads to the pencil eraser head. Wrap string around eraser head, smoothing the glue as you go.
8. Sharpen your pencil and enjoy your personalized pencil topper!
Amanda Formaro, and courtesy of our sister site, Kaboose.com.