Easy Experiments: Easy Salt Crystals
Make your own crystals with materials found in your house.
What you need:
- - ¼ cup Epsom salts
- - ½ cup water
- - Measuring cups
- - Shallow dish
- - Sponge
1. Have an adult help you boil water.
2. Have an adult remove the water from heat.
3. Add the Epsom salts to the hot water and stir until dissolved
4. Put a sponge in a shallow dish and pour the mixture into the dish – just enough to cover the bottom.
5. Put the container in a safe, sunny place. As the water evaporates crystals will form.