Craft: Recycled Spaceship
Turn "junk" around the house into an interplanetary craft spaceship!
What you need:
- - Hot glue gun (ask your parents for help with this)
- - Tape
- - Cardboard
- - 8 to 10 toilet paper rolls
- - 15 to 20 old buttons
- - Paint
- - Plastic oval-shaped bowl (you can get this in the salad section of a grocery store)
1. Arrange the toilet paper rolls in a circle to see how many rolls you’ll need. Tape them to the work surface.
2. Place the cardboard over the toilet paper rolls and cut a circle around them so the cardboard is level with the rolls’ outer edges.
3. Take the tape off the work surface and use it to tape the rolls together, and to the cardboard.
4. Paint the top of the cardboard and the insides of the rolls, if desired. Let dry.
5. Center the plastic bowl on the top of the cardboard, then apply glue (with your parents’ help) to the base and hold it in place for 30 seconds.
6. Arrange your beads around the base of the bowl. When you’re happy with the design, glue the buttons in place.