Eats & Treats : Ice Cream
Use your math and science skills to make homemade ice cream!
What you need:
- - 1 tablespoon sugar
- - 1/2 cup cream
- - 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- - 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- - 1/2 cup rock salt
- - 1 large zip-close bag
- - 1 small zip-close bag
- - 4 cups crushed ice
1. Fill the large bag with 2 cups of ice and 1/2 cup of rock salt.
2. Pour the cream, vanilla, chocolate chips, and sugar into the small bag.
3. Seal the small bag and put it inside the larger one. Make sure you donít get salty water into the ice cream mix.
4. Squeeze the air out of the large bag, close it, and shake it for about 5 minutes.
5. Drain the water from the bag and add more ice. Shake it again for another minute and watch as the liquid mixture starts solidifying into ice cream!
6. Remove the small bag from the ice and scoop out the ice cream into bowls. For the best results, keep the mix in the freezer.
- Once you get the hang of this, you can try adding cocoa powder, mint, nuts, and all kinds of delicious combinations.