Eats & Treats: Candy Apples
Enjoy a crunchy carnival treat with this easy-to-make candy apples recipe.
What you need:
- - 4 apples
- - 4 popsicle sticks
- - 1 cup granulated sugar
- - 1/2 cup water
- - 1/4 cup corn syrup
- - 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- - Medium saucepan
- - Wooden spoon
- - Wax paper
1. Wash the apples, remove the core stem and insert the popsicle stick where the stem used to be.
2. Parent Alert: Put the sugar, water, and syrup into the saucepan and cook it on medium heat until the sugar dissolves (about 8-10 minutes). Stir it and bring it to a boil. Keep it at this high temperature for about 15 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from the burner and add the food coloring.
4. Dip each apple into the syrup mixture so that itís fully covered.
5. After you dip each apple, set it on a wax sheet of paper.
6. Let the apples cool for about an hour and then dig in!