Craft: Egg Carton Snake
Use egg cartons to make lots of different critters.
What you need:
- - Tape
- - Construction paper
- - Scissors
- - Glue
- - Markers
- - Acrylic paint
- - Cardboard egg cartons
1. Cut out 3 sections of a cardboard egg carton to make your snake.
2. Paint the egg cartons in an interesting pattern so it looks like a snake. We like to make diamond shapes so the snake looks like it has scales.
3. Wait for the paint to dry. Once dry, draw on 2 eyes using the marker.
4. Cut a small tongue out of pink or red construction paper.
5. Display your snake - he makes a great pet and doesn't need to be fed!
6. Glue or tape the construction paper tongue to the under side of the egg carton snake's head.
- Once you've made your snake, why not try making a butterfly, grasshopper or a caterpillar. Use your imagination and you'll end up with a whole bunch of Egg Carton pets!