Get Crafty: Learn to Juggle
Learn the math behind juggling with this easy kids craft!
What you need:
- - 6 round balloons
- - 1 bag of lentils
- - Scissors
- - Teaspoon
Make Your Own Juggling Balls
1. Cut the necks off each balloon and using your spoon, fill three of the balloons with lentils.
Practice Makes Perfect
2. Use the other three balloons to stretch over-top the balloons filled with lentils. When you're finished, you should have three of your very own juggling balls.
3. Once you've made your juggling balls, you're ready to start practicing.
4. Pick up one ball and toss it in the air. The ball should rise just a few inches above your head. Keep tossing it in the air until you're able to catch it with the same hand.
The Real Deal: Juggling with 3 Balls
5. When you're ready, pick up a second ball and hold one in each hand. Throw the ball in your right hand in an arc to your left hand.
6. When the first ball is at the higest point of the arc, throw the left ball in an arc from the left hand to the right hand.
7. Catch the first ball in your left hand and the second ball in your right. Try that a few more times until you feel comfortable. Keep a smooth, continuous motion with the two balls so that one is always in the air.
8. Hold two balls in one hand and one ball in the other. Start juggling with two balls. When the second ball is in mid-air, throw the third ball into the air. Watch your arches, don't lose eye contact, and keep practicing.
9. The secret to juggling is simple math and science: throw the balls at the right height and the right angle. Once you get all three balls in motion, you'll be a juggling master in no time!