Craft: Pine Cone Bird Feeder
Make an easy bird feeder out of a pinecone and peanut butter.
What you need:
- - Pine cone
- - Paper plate
- - Butter knife (have an adult help you with this)
- - Smooth peanut butter
- - Birdseed
- - Ribbon or yarn
- - Scissors (have an adult help you use the scissors)
1. Cut a long length of yarn or ribbon to hang the bird feeder. Have an adult help you use the scissors.
2. Tie the ribbon in a knot around the top of the pine cone.
3. Tie a knot in the end of the ribbon.
4. Place the pine cone on the paper plate.
5. Use the butter knife to spread peanut butter on the pine cone (make sure you get it inside the ridges) and round the edges.
6. Sprinkle birdseed over the pine cone (it will stick to the peanut butter).
7. Roll the pine cone in any leftover birdseed that is on the paper plate.
8. Hang the bird feeder in a tree and watch the birds enjoy their treat!
Craft courtesy of our sister site, Kaboose.com.