Pit your brain against the computer to help Bruce the Kaboose Clear the Track. This cool word game is great for letter recognition and basic reading skills. Have fun as you help Bruce help the train to pass. Your goal, if you choose to accept it, is to help Broose Kaboose keep his train tunnel clear of falling rocks. If the rocks reach the top of the tunnel, the game will end.
How to Play:
1. Pick the difficulty level at the top of the window. You can choose one of three levels: 1 = slow; 2 = medium; 3 = fast.
Note: You cannot change the difficulty level once the game has started.
2. Try to make the rocks vanish. You can do this by:
* Stacking 4 rocks that match (by color and by letter). Either use the arrow keys on your keyboard, or use the Sun buttons on the screen to move the rocks into separate stacks.
* Line up the rocks to spell K-A-B-O-O-S-E.
3. Watch for purple bombs. They fall randomly and cause ALL the rocks left, right and directly below it to disappear. Try to position them so they don't hurt your score.
4. To start over, click the Reset button in the bottom left corner of the screen. The Reset button looks like an arrow.
5. To exit the game, click the Close button at the top of the window.
Your score will increase depending how well you position the rocks to make them vanish! For example:
* When you stack 4 or more rocks into a color/letter pile, you get points for each rock:
Number of Rocks In a Row Points Earned for Each Rock
* When a bomb drops, earn 5 points for each rock that is blown up.
* When you line up rocks in a row to spell K-A-B-O-O-S-E, earn 175 points!
Setting Your Options
Double-clicking Broose Kaboose displays an Options menu that allows you to set preferences for the game.
You can make the following settings by clicking the box beside the command:
* Allow move at the bottom this option you to move the rocks when the hit the ground. Otherwise, they stay where they land.
* Set your keyboard keys this option allows you select which keys on the keyboard you would like to use for game play. If your arrow keys are not working, you may need to pick another set of keyboard keys.
* Save high score this option allows you to save the name of the person with the highest score played. Type in your name to record the highest score.